Monday, August 28, 2006

Singers I love listening to.....

I thought of writing this for a long time and now I got the chance... Few of the Young generation singers I love listening to anytime anyday and whose songs run repeatedly in my player.... A short briefing about them and my favourite songs sung by them....(Not in any order)

Karthik: If I could think of someone to succeed SPB it could be him. May be its an exaggeration, but his songs give me a feel of listening to the spontaneous voice of SPB.
Most Favorites: Kann Pesum Vaarthaigal, Anaarkali, Oru Maalai, Aval Ulaga Azhagiye

KK: Or Krishnakumar, the rocking singer of Hindi and Tamil. His songs in both languages are a delight to hear anytime and I have felt many times that his songs cannot be duplicated or can be done better by any other singer. Such unique is his voice…
Most Favourites: Appadi Podu, Uyirin Uyire, Neeye Neeye

Sujatha: The nightingale from Kerala who has sung everything from melodies to fast songs to pathos to classical.. everything… Even if she sings a few lines in a song it has a special feel to it..
Most Favorites: Pudhu Vellai Mazhai, Kadalamma, Pazhaya Kural, Mudhal Murai

Ranjith Nair: Yet another Mallu… I became his fan long back may his first song.. who knows?? He has a unique voice that has some tech be fromno feel to it… Songs with western touch turn awesome when rendered by this dude…
Most Favorites: Chillu Chillai, Suppose unna , Yela Yela, Yedho Nadakkudhu

Sadhana Sargam: A beautiful voice with a childlike feel to it. Her Tamil is not exceptionally good, she kills words many times, nevertheless I always feel fresh after listening to her song.
Most Favorites: Snegithane, Thayya Thaa, Kanden Kanden, Poovaasam

Tippu: His vibrant voice and fast renditions charge me up the moment I listen to his songs… Mostly prefer his songs to charge myself at work or get out of of some bad mood :-)
Most Favorites: Dhimsu Katta, Something Something, Kaadhal Vandhaal

Shreya Ghosal: I instantly fell in love with her voice the day I heard her songs in Devdas(Hindi). Her Tamil is in the same category as Sadhana Sargam but her honey like voice makes us forget and forgive anything…
Most Favorites: Munbe Vaa, Ninaithu Ninaithu, Khajraho

Anuradha Sriram: The magical voice that can sing in any tone, any pitch and any song… Right from Oppari like Yendi Soodamani to classical Anbendra Mazhayile to kuthu type Appadi Podu… Another rocking singer…
Most Favorites: Appadi Podu, Olli Olli, Enna Idhu, Nilave Nilave, Anbendra Mazhayile, Acham Acham Illai, Oh Podu etc etc

2 comments:

Hell's Angel said...

yeah i too like the above mentioned singers..:)..neat taste

Balachandran C said...

Nanna paada therinja oru maami ya kalyanam pannindu night ellam katcheri pannu... I mean, paattu katcheri ;)