Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Enakku Venum"


Note: There is something peculiar or unusual about the railway ticket in the picture posted here. :P

Few weeks back, I went to Railway Reservation Counter for canceling a ticket. Normally, I take a pen with me whenever I go there or at least I will get a new one from shops nearby so that I need not beg for pens from others. That day, occupied in some thought I took a form and went straight to the line, when I realized I need a pen. Since it was a cancellation and just 2 minutes work, I thought I can borrow it from someone.

One idiot who looked like a cinema villain jumped into the queue in a single moment I left a space in front of me. I was not bothered and stayed quiet. I noticed he had a pen in his hand and was not using it as he had to look through the Train Timings chart before filling up the forms. I asked him politely, “Excuse me, pen please?” That fellow without even looking at my face shouted “Enakku venum!!!” and turned his face towards other side.

I stood for a moment not knowing how to react to him… It was so embarrassing, the way he reacted in front of so many people present there. I have lent pens to many people many times and even if they forget to return it back, I will not feel like going and asking them for it. So I never expected such a thing… This might not be a big insult or issue to keep in mind(after all, its a matter of 2 words he spoke.. :-D), but I wished I could let it out some where before forgetting it.. :-)

And may God bless that idiot with a brand new pen everyday for his lifetime and also the heart to lend it to others when they are in urgent need of it :P

P.S: Of course, there was a kind-hearted old man who helped me with a pen and gave a happy ending for my story :-D

P.S.2: The unusual thing about that railway ticket is that, it has a cost of "Rs.0" on it :-D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well,
just because u are nice to ppl,u cant expect the same from others moreover from public.
u hv to understand the guy who said he needs it..might have had a bad day at home or something..probably he vented it out on u.
may be on another day he would hve helped u
so dont judge anyone on first attempt.

Sonata said...

hmm..lousy guy he is!!!

Anonymous said...

Its nothing unusual.. If you reserve a train ticket with free pass (for railway employees and ex-service man) then you will have the cost as "Rs. 0" on it.