Friday, October 05, 2007

Random Thoughts....

I have not blogged for a long, so bringing here few of the recent frustrations that came to my mind:

1. The dumbo bandh conducted by Government on October 1 for a dumbo reason. All that was gained by a Chennai citizen is a working Saturday and chance to watch a lot of drama with stunts on TV.



2. The drama played on Vijay TV's Jodi No.1 Season 2. Lets leave aside the debate on who was right, Simbhu or Prithviraj. But that was a dirty drama played to raise the TRP of the show, and Simbhu showcased his arrogance once again. Epdi thaan appanum pillayum orey dialogue-a pesaraangalo!!



3. The stinking and clumsy Chennai infrastructure. Every area of the city stinks with garbage and drainage leaks and every area is congested with traffic jams. Unplanned, haphazard projects in many parts have made the life of common man pathetic.

4. The messed up T.Nagar. Traffic regulations have been totally screwed up by the so-called "Traffic police" leading to congestion in every nook and corner of the area. Add to that the non-stop purchase crowd, which will ransack things from numerous shops till the last breath of their life.

5. My sucking new office. Lacking in facilities to infrastructure to ambiance to comfort, in everything, I wonder if I should call it my fate or curse to be put up there. I can understand there, may be some hiccups when companies move to new offices, but such unplanned movements are not expected in big corporates.

6. The big junk released by Microsoft names as Windows Vista. Except for few UI changes and complicated user controls, there is nothing useful in this hefty version of Windows. Consuming memory like hell and irritatingly slow few times even with 2 GB of RAM, it totally sucks, I will be happy if Microsoft offers a downgrade option back to Windows XP as my friend told me.

No comments: