Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Music of 2012


Its time to list out my favorite from music of 2012. I am boycotting Hindi music as a protest for Chennai express posters :P Even otherwise, there is nothing much for me there as I have lost interest in Hindi songs :D

This list is based on what sounded good to me and consists of songs only from those films released in 2012. So Kadal, Edhir Neechal et al will feature in next years list only :D

Songs/Albums/Artists are not listed in any particular order.

The SWEET 16 - Melodies that touched my heart


The FAST 8 - Peppy numbers that I loved













The Other Favorites:


From across the borders: From whatever little I had listened :D






Favorite Albums:
  • Nanban
  • Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal
  • Neethaane En Ponvasantham
  • 3
  • Oru Kal Oru Kannadi
  • Naan Ee
  • Thuppakki 

Best Music Directors:
  • Harris Jayaraj - Nanban, Thuppakki, OKOK
  • Anirudh Ravichander - 3
  • G.V.Prakash Kumar - Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal, Thaandavam
  • D. Imman - Kumki
  • Ilayaraja - Neethaane En Ponvasantham

Best Male Singers:
  • Karthik
  • Vijay Prakash
  • Aalap Raju
  • Special Mention: Vijay :)

Best Female Singers:
  • Chinmayi
  • Andrea
  • Sunidhi Chauhan

Best Lyricists:
  • Madhan Karky
  • Na.Muthukumar

1 comment:

Sankris said...

Nice write-up, Srini. Missed a few songs in your list. Should check them out :)