Saturday, July 15, 2006

Garden City to Singaara Chennai...

I am back to Chennai on official transfer after a period of about one and a half years. Being back to one's hometown is always a special experience that too when you come back to your own area. :-)

Bangalore has not done anything bad to me infact, except that I missed a lot of my friends and I became a little lazy compared to what I was in Chennai. (Of course, now being in Chennai, now I miss my friends out there in Bangalore;-) )The 18+ months I have spent in Bangalore has been really a learning experience both in professional and personal ways. Even when I stayed in Bachelor's accomodation, it was like another home for me.. Such was the levels of comfort and happiness.

The local sight seeing which I went for just few days before receiving the news of transfer was indeed a blessing in disguise, never ever before that I had been on a local trip and never after that it would have been possible by anyways.I can now confidently say that I too know a bit of Bangalore. It is an important feeling, especially for a person like me who knew Bangalore only as a fantasy and had no idea about he city till about two years back.

Coming back to Chennai, hmmm... It is the same good old Chennai. I am not sure if it is the climate here or the new enthusiasm.. But I am more active now than what I was in Bangalore. Things are getting back to routines - Saturdays don't see me sleeping till forenoon, late shuttles for office are no more a necessity, being in T.Nagar facilitates shopping anytime anywhere..

And not to forget, it brings back all sweet memories... A ride through Radhakrishnan Salai reminds me of good old days me and my project mates spent together during final year. Passing through Nelson Manickam Road reminds those days when I travelled in my college bus morning and evening chatting with a bunch of busmates. Walking around my office brings to mind those unforgettable training days which was like a second college life.... Things that can only be felt and can never become reality again!!!

I am enjoying every moment of this life right from food, festivities, shopping, friends, office, travel.. Everything and everyday. I wish this should be the beginning of a "lived happily everafter" life :-)

1 comment:

Balachandran C said...

ha ha ha ... retirement aana madhiri oru blog :P