Monday, March 05, 2007

Poove Poochoodavaa - A Classic

I happened to watch this movie on TV few days back, on a Saturday morning. Its one of the best examples to show that there is no one like Faasil to make entertaining family fares with his strong focus on relationships.
A simple story, remade from "Nokkathaa Dhoorathu Kannum Nattu" in Malayalam that revolves around bonding between a lonely grandma and her dying grand daughter. Its so realistic and sentimental that I cannot stop myself from shedding a few drops of tears everytime I watch this movie. Nadiya and Padmini are just like someone in your neighborhood, which makes one to get so much attached to their characters in the movie. Great performances, simple narration and brilliant music - its really a classic movie!!!

Its quite an old film, I have seen it on TV umpteen number of times, still, there is some emotional attachment with this movie that makes me watch it again and again. May be its because, I miss a grandma in my life in many ways, but really can't do anything about it, the relation has become a non-existent one right from my birth.

Now 3 comparisons gave rise to nostalgic feelings and made me post this here:
1. Comparing this movie with Faasil's latest bull-shit movie Oru Naal Oru Kanavu.
2. Comparing Nadiya in this movie with the 0% talent and 100% junk actresses of today's cinema.
3. Comparing the divine relationship shown in this movie with the ones potrayed in today's movies like Kalaaba kadhalan and Uyir with crappy justifications.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Divine relationships are nice to see in the movies .
but i dont know how far that would ever be true
we need to take both kinda movies in the stride ...
Its more of a relation that id and that we want :D

Karthik Srinivasan said...

I agree that all kinds of relationships will be shown in a movie.. But it shud be like striking the viewer's heart that its wrong to have illegal relationships, like Vaali or latest PKMC... Not like Kalaba Kaadhalan, which gives a yucky message at the end, "both true love and illegal love are same by feelings"!!! :-o