Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Fourth Quarter...

Last "urupadiyaana" post from me was in October 1st week. While I see my friends who are blogghave moved ahead with festivals Deepavali, Karthigai, New Year and Pongal and incidents like Mumbai Blasts, Satyam debacle etc. I am still lagging a week behind my birthday last year.

Back after a long time, I decided to clear off arrears first :D

The tags that were given by Nirmal long back; I am managing to complete them now in next two posts. :) Before that a recap of the "quarter" that went by.

This year saw one of my most eventless birthdays as I bunked office and took rest at home receiving fewer than normal amount of calls. People finally have a job :)

Ever since that day, life has been buzzing with so much activity that I have no time to sit and write a single proper blog post in months.

Very next day after my birthday, got awarded "Maestro" officially for some good work in my project, which as usual was received by my manager on my behalf. I stayed off the team outing that day aware of the boring events that will be conducted and unaware of this award.

End of October I got results of my official assessment, something which screwed me up for 5 hrs like no other exam in my life. Phew, finally I had to admit that I do know Java basics, having cleared this exam by some strange miracle. That soon paved way for my promotion and I moved to next level in my stream. One big achievement after 4 years of work.

November's Diwali was again dull compared to previous years, with not even Thalaivar's film getting released. :( End of November was my cousin’s marriage which happened in Cuddalore. I was curious to visit the place and even Pondicherry, close to it, but heavy rains that lashed Tamilnadu that time spoiled all my plans. It was just another “go there-attend marriage-come back” trip. :'(

Talking about rains, Chennai was screwed up like anything by Nisha, with yet another year of water mismanagement showing its teeth off. And employees of "kadamai-ganniyam-kattupaadu" companies like mine, who won't drop employees home ahead of scheduled time, had to suffer a lot to reach home on that cursed day, when there was a jam right from Gemini flyover till Saidapet, proceeding towards Velacherry.
While Mumbai blasts and the following terrorists attacks has yet again shown the worst face of our neighbors and inefficacy of the nation's rulers, corporate industry saw its worst phase with more bankruptcy and ramp downs Satyam taking a shocking top spot. I would not want to write any more on this, as anything is uncertain for all corporates in today’s scenario and every one is keeping hands crossed for the good thing to happen soon.

December's biggest happening was my trip to Hyderabad in the month end, which left a lot of memorable imprints in my mind. The world class laser show and boating to Buddha Statue at Lumbini Park, the Prasad's IMAX and the Ramoji film city are some legacies left behind by Naidu gaaru’s regime.
Ramoji film city in particular has been part and parcel of most Tamil and Telugu films, even those of superstars. You can easily call it as Hollywood of India, since everything you experience there is available here at prices affordable for everyone. One day is not just enough to roam around the place. It’s an ecstasy to be experienced by everyone, words cannot express it. And kudos to the management who are maintaining it professionally so well, mainly keeping the place clean and tidy inspite of the crowd visiting everyday.
One more exciting thing about Hyderabad is its new domestic and international airport that has come up at Shamshabad. Lying very much out of the city, its really another wonder in the hitech city. The moment you enter the airport limits, you would be in another world, and it takes 7 kms to reach the airport from that limit. All along the way you can see the efforts taken to make it look like no less than a city in US.

Airport is stunningly huge, taking inputs from San Francisco, Hong Kong and many other international airports. I was just in visitors lobby to receive my uncle, hopefully would get to see the complete airport in its interiors soon. And after Bangalore and Hyderabad, Chennai should definitely do something about its international airport atleast, since it has become more or less like Central Railway station now.

New year 2009 has started with new hopes and expectations, and hope this year brings lots of happiness and good health to everyone in the world. We started off with a full working day which we happily spent in planning and then execution of an adhoc team outing. It was lots of fun and enjoyment after a long time since college days, and it went on well inspite of a screwed up planning and unpleasant surprises along way.
Last but no the least, Slumdog Millionaire is one of the best things to happen ever since the invention of celluloid, as it has lot of India to it. Morons somewhere have already started protests terming the film as rational for some scenes while some pseudo patriots feel that the film insults India. As if the Murders, Ek Choti Si Love stories, Om Shanti Oms and other world level craps made in India have glorified the image of India on world stage!
This is a brilliant film that connects with you so well that you cannot hold yourself emotionally in many scenes. With golden globes becoming reality and Oscars not too far, you cannot feel anything but happy for the Indian talent that has made this film possible. JAI HO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goood :P atlast u blogged :):)

Unknown said...

sorry for the late comment

AMIT said...

Its a very good post and pictures too.

Domain registration india