Thursday, March 16, 2006

Namma Bengalooru…

For a long time I have spent my days cribbing about Bangalore and going overboard in showing my hatred towards the city. For a change, I sat down and thought about the positives I had seen and I had experienced in this city. I am writing down all those here.

Beautifully yours
In spite of increasing pollution, the city has retained its beauty intact in many ways. Especially on a misty morning, traveling in the outskirts of the city is an experience to cherish. An evening walk in Koramangala 1st block or 5th block has been a stress buster for me many times.

Spiritually superior
Any day I feel the temples in Bangalore are much better than Chennai and other parts of Tamilnadu, atleast so far I had seen that Bhakthi has not become business here. Any devotee is sure to get the blessings of God (Prashad) irrespective of the amount he contributes to the priest. ;-) And there is utmost sincerity and devotion in any rituals performed in the temples here.

Khana Khazana
Leave out the sweet Sambhar… Or the diluted Pongal. Bangalore food has its own taste. Especially Sagar hotels are a boon in a bachelor’s life with Uddin Vada, Khara Bath, Set Dosa etc being my special favorites. And Rava items I feel will never taste better anywhere in India like Bangalore.

Shopping heaven
If you have the money and time to spend, or rather burn, you will enjoy like anything by shopping in Bangalore. With Saravana store like feeling Big Bazzar to hep shopping malls all over, shopping is made a nice experience for all class of people. Jayanagar and Malleshwaram 8th cross give you a feel of T.Nagar Usman Road or Ranganathan street. Especially the vegetable markets in Madiwala and Malleshwaram resemble my dear T.Nagar’s Station Road market very much.

Live in Peace
If you settle down in a house in places like Banashankari or Vidhyaranyapura, you can live a peaceful life free of all hustles in the city. There are many such places ideal to spend the retired life in Bangalore.

There are infact many more factors like Safe buses with automatic doors, AC Volvo services, 24 hrs payment centers for your water bills, mix of all cultures, so on and so forth. Yes, Bangalore looks good on the other hand always. ;-)

2 comments:

Balachandran C said...

I hadnot seen temples in karnataka, but certainly in bangalore. Heard that temples in malleswaram are very good. But, I would bet TN temples are far better archeologically than any other in this part of World !!!

Karthik Srinivasan said...

Yes.. I agree, but it was not archeology i was referring to, its the devotion and ambience maintained in the temples. :-)