Sunday, December 18, 2005

Chaala change ayi poyindhi :-)


My weekend normally goes along with watching atleast two movies of my choice. This time too it was the soft romance of "Kanda Naal Mudhal" on Friday and hard core action of "Athanokkade" yesterday.

I am watching a Telugu film after a very long gap. But I had to appreciate myself for choosing the right movie to watch :-))

The story line was the historical period one: "taking revenge on those who destroyed my family".... But the presentation and racy script makes the movie worth a watch. And if someone wants to visualize the changing phase in Telugu movies, this movie is a must watch.

Hero KalyanRam is from NTR family. How generations can change cine industry? Better to watch it on screen and understand. The transition to modern and youthful movie-making from "hero an heroine in bright and gaudy costume with a dappankuthu dance number of comical steps" (which is still believed to be Telugu cinema by most people) is very much evident from this film.

Was that heroine the same Sindhu Tholani who was a total junk in the junk movie called "Sullan"??? I still could not believe my eyes. Completely stunning performance. Again something that must be learnt from Telugu Cinema - How to give importance for heroines in movies.

If movies like this and the likes of "Okkadu" are given consistently, Telugu cinema will very soon come out of the long term blame cast on it by critics.

Avunu, Telugu Cinema chaala change ayi poyindhi :-)

P.S: My bad attempt to include Telugu phrases may kindly be excused :-D

2 comments:

Whoosh 2 said...

"Athan okkade" is now "Aadhi" in tamil :)

Karthik Srinivasan said...

I know that buddy... I watched the movie only to get a preview of how Aathi will be ;-)