Thursday, December 22, 2005

Trains - My Passion


Talking about my nightmare in the previous post, I was reminded of my passion towards trains. From my childhood, trains have been my biggest wonders. Even today, I keep wondering about how they run in two rails at very high speeds and how a single locomotive can pull tonnes of load behind it. May be R L Stevenson (if I am right) deserves all the credit.

As a kid, I used to enjoy counting number of coaches in a train, making sounds like a running train and collecting train tickets like antiques. Even today, the very idea of train journey exites me a lot. My happiest moment was when I visited Integral Coach Factory(ICF) in Chennai and learnt to some extent on how a train is put to shape.

The journey of life is also similar to a train journey... You are wonderful and exciting as long as you are on the right track. Once you derail, you will destroy yourself and lots of other lives associated with you. Sorry for that mokkai thathuvam :-)

One of the recent sayings from Thathuvam Thangasaamy:

"Naama train-la erinaalum,
Train namma mela erinaalum
Naama thaan ticket vaanganum" :-D

1 comment:

FrancescaFigueroa said...

Hi Karthik. Just stopping by. Tamilians are cool. :)