Friday, December 30, 2005

Left or Right???


This is a question which often confuses me a lot... To turn left or right, which side of the road is my house located, which end of the shelf is something located - all these questions leave me dumb for a moment before I could actually give an answer...

If an autowallah asks me whether he should turn left or right, I say "mmmm........left(or right)".. I may be correct but to make sure, I promptly point my hand in the correct direction.

If somebody asking my address questions me on which side of the road do I stay, I will have to imagine for a moment that I am standing in my street and then tell them on which side of me is the house located :-)

I don't know if it is a disease or not, but many times I simply laugh at myself for such directional confusions...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lol..funny man!..never thought someone would give so much of thought to this condition! ;)

Karthik Srinivasan said...

yep.. its simple na? But I really suffer a lot.. Many times I end up saying right after pointing my hands towards left :D

Vinesh said...

A: Which way to the stationary shop?
B: Go straight, turn left
A: Not sure if I heard right. You said left, right?
B: No, I just said left.

Anonymous said...

I have a trouble with "pull" and "push" put on the dooors and totally blush out sometime for doing the other :))))

---hurry

Karthik Srinivasan said...

@ Vinesh: Lolz..

@hurry: yeah, it happened once. If someone had seen the way, me and my friend were pulling a door written "PUSH" at the ATM, they wud have considered us insane :-)