Saturday, December 24, 2005

One man innings


Recently, I was learning from my cousin about his experiences in hostel. Hostel life is something which intrinsically has lots of fun as my hostelite friends told me. In spite of being away from home and parents, you learn a lot, which unfortunately many people miss as day scholars. Suddenly, I remembered my one man innings... :-)

I had a short term of stay in a bachelor room when I came to Bangalore. It was actually a good experience. You are responsible, regular and without any restrictions. To tell frankly, I was happy even in those days... Thanks to the wonderful mansion I stayed in.

I used to think of my uncle at those times because he left home for studies long back when there was no cell phones or even proper telephone connections. He had told me lots of his experiences in hostel life.

I think of them many times...and me, staying happily in a mansion, with a servant maid to do half of my chores, earning handfull, cell phone and monthly visit to stay close to my family....God, how could I ever think of being unhappy?

After my uncle, my cousin has done it again after a very long time. Hats off to my cousin and as I mentioned in the first line, I am learning a lot from him... :-)

No comments: