Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chennai - My first Love

One blog post is not enough for expressing my love towards Chennai. Still I will make it short to fit in here :-) These are simply headlines....

I was born and brought up in Chennai. For 21 years the city has seen me change a lot along with it. And I share a very close bonding with the city even today when I am miles away from it. When I set my foot on Chennai soil, I feel like flying high and my heart leaps up in joy...

I have been to Chennai recently. I have become a guest in my own native city now. I met lot of my ppl and had good time roaming around streets of T.Nagar. T.Nagar shares equal amount of love from me as Chennai does. Simply becoz there is life 24x7 in T.Nagar. :-)

I have suffered from water scarcity, carrying tonnes of water in summer for my house. I have paid 20s and 30s for autowallahs for distances of hardly 2 kms. I have been through summer days which have made me sweat in litres. Still, above all these, there was some love deep inside my heart for the city. It has grown leaps and bounds in time...

There is no one reason why life in Chennai can be exciting. The people of Chennai, the Chennai Tamil, excellent food, MTC buses, Electric trains, the cultures and traditions, the tolerance, the life style, the adapt-to-anything nature, etc etc and lots more I have as reasons for my love for Chennai.

Like Tirunelveli Halwaa, Kanchipuram Silk, Hyderabadi Biriyani, Calcutta Rosagulla etc Chennai has no single item to term as Chennai special. And like business and movie driven Mumbai or IT driven Bangalore, there is no particular reason which drives life in Chennai. Neither it has a culture or tradition of its own....

Inspite of this, anything and everything in Chennai is special. Any kind of profession, you name it and Chennai has it. Whichever part of India you are from, you can find cousins of your soil in Chennai. This is what makes it a special place to live in!!!

The first time I felt my love towards Chennai was when I shifted to Bangalore for my job. And when I shifted my residence here this year, my heart wept silently for leaving my city. Even today, I smile artificially with my heart longing for the life in Chennai.

Whatever might be the case, once I feel satisfied of my earning, I want to spend the rest of my life in Chennai and live all my life that I had missed till now :-)