Friday, November 04, 2005

Myself, Music and Movies - Part 1

As I had mentioned earlier, Movies and Music are like my two eyes :-D

Not that I am associated with any of these as a profession, but still love them equal to my profession. I have been in solitude for many days and even months and only these were my best friends. Still they are...

Coming to Music, I am not a traditional music lover. I love mostly hip hop numbers, then melodies and some times classical too...

Favourites:
Music Directors:
Tamil: Ilayaraja for 80s, AR Rahman for 90s, Harris Jeyaraj at present. But above all, I like Vidhyasagar for most of his movies. He is just too good in any kind of songs according to me.

Hindi: Jatin-Lalit, Nadeem-Sharvan till end of 90's and Anu Malik in recent past. These days I don't prefer Hindi songs that much. However, I find Pritam and Vishal Shekar's songs good. But still all old numbers of RD Burman, Shankar-Jaikishan, OP Nayyar and many others always linger in my ears.

Singers:
Actually lotz and lotz of them...Still trying to mention few :-)

Among males, SPB, KJY, Mohd. Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Udit Narayan(only Hindi), Sonu Nigam, Kay Kay, Karthik, Shankar Mahadevan, Ranjit Nair, Rahul Nambiar, Naveen Madhav and many more.

Among females, P.Susheela, S. Janaki, P.Leela, Chitra, Sujatha, Sadhana Sargam, Shreya Ghosal, Jency Antony, Alka Yagnik, Mahalakshmi Iyer, Sunitha Sarathy, Anupama, Sunidhi Chauhan, Suchitra, Saindhavi and many more.

From the classical side, I love MSS, MLV, Unni Krishnan, Nithyasree, Soumya and Sudha Raghunathan.

But above everyone, I had grown up listening to the ultimate voice of my dear Athai and nothing fascinates me more than that golden voice which stopped its journey in celluloid in early 50's.

I do listen to western music also at times....My preferences remain again just hip-hop. I have Kylie Minogue, J-Lo, BSB, N-Sync, Aqua in my system to listen :-)

From a lover of melodies, my attention has turned towards "Kuthu" songs these days...May be because of the fact that I get fresh and released from all stress, when I listen to them....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Nice writing!

Join our yahoo group on Shanker Jaikishan at

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

See you there!

Shahrukh